tagged by @callieskye
TUMBLR ACCENT CHALLENGE
- Your name and username.
- Where you’re from.
- Pronounce the following words: aunt, roof, route, theater, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, New Orleans, Pecan, both, again, probably, Alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, pajamas, caught, naturally, aluminum, GIF, Tumblr, Crackerjack, doorknob, envelope, GPOY.
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
- Choose a book and read a passage from it.
- Do you think you have an accent?
- Would you rather be a wizard or a vampire?
- Do you know anyone on Tumblr in real life?
- End audio post by saying any THREE words you want
Thanks for the tag. @hillnerd. Unfortunately, I haven’t figured out a way to do the challenge and add the audio to tumblr, since my laptop won’t record in MP3 and that’s the only file format tumblr accepts.
So, here’s my solution.
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Pronounce the following words: aunt (aw-nt), roof (r-oo-f), route (rouwt), theater (the-at-er), iron (i-ern), salmon (sa-mon), caramel (car-a-mel), fire (fiy-er), water (wa-ter), New Orleans (New Or-leans), Pecan (Pec-an), both (bowth), again (ag-ain), probably (prob-ab-ly), Alabama (Ala-bama), lawyer (loy-er), coupon (coo-pon), mayonnaise (may-on-aise), pajamas (pu-jam-as), caught (cawt), naturally (natch-ur-ally),
aluminum aluminium (aluminium), GIF (G-if), Tumblr (Tum-bler), Crackerjack (Cracker-jack), doorknob (door-nob), envelope, (on-vel-ope), and GPOY (Gee-Pee-Oh-Why/ GPOY).
Toilet-papering? I dunno.
Pop but I also call it fizzy drinks.
Grandma and Granddad.
Remote. But someone I know calls it ‘the donger’ (pronounced ‘dong-er’)
(Can’t do the passage thing this way. Will take too long)
Yes. I have a general British English accent, with no real regional variations.
Wizard. Vampires seem to have such a miserable existence.
No. Most people I know on Tumblr live in North America, mainland Europe, or other parts of the UK that are really far from me.
Blubber (Blub-er), Ointment (Oint-ment), and Tweet (Tweat).